Wednesday, June 12, 2013

California, Here We Come

You would think I'd be excited about moving.

I mean, for the past thirteen years I've been gushing about how WONDERFUL California is. The weather is so nice... And my parents are there... And there's so much to do...

But right now I just feel numb.

It's so weird how every aspect of the move has fallen into place... the timing... the job... the housing market...everything.

I should feel really good about it all... It's totally meant to be...

And yet I'm still so stressed and insecure.

I'm worried that I'll hate it. I'm worried that we really can't afford it. I'm worried that it'll be too hard on all of us. I'm already a complete basket case trying to keep my four little ones alive. Will we survive the move???

I guess I have no choice... I can't stop it now.

It's too late. The ball is rolling.

I. just. have. to. jump.

4 comments:

E B said...

That's right. A day at a time; a minute at a time. We just moved. Again. Sixth residence in 7 1/2 years. Third major out-of-town move. I hope we stay four full years here in NH - or even longer!

Good luck. When you follow the Spirit, everything is fine because you know you're doing what you're supposed to do. It doesn't mean things will work out as you expect or that bad things won't happen along the way, but it does mean you will grow into the person you are meant to be. Trust, and don't stress. The stress doesn't help anything!

Katie Fish said...

You will survive! It's typically when we think we can't survive something, that we are utterly surprised at how perfect the whole outcome ends up being. I'm excited for you! Now we can visit when we come to California! Miss you!

Shana said...

Good luck, Leah. Change is always unsettling. But the future holds endless possibilities. Have faith. The Lord will guide you. And you will have a great impact on those around you with your faith and determination, I have no doubt! Wish I was there to pack stuff up for you so you could hold your sweet little baby more often. Hugs!

Emily said...

I've been thinking about you guys and the move a lot. It is going to be hard I think but remember... you'll have me! And also you're kind of a hippie so you'll totally fit in here:) Haha! JK