The field emerged from a number of different areas: the sociology of the 1950s and later; the theories of the psychoanalyst Jaques Lacan; and the work of feminists such as Judith Butler. Each field came to regard "gender" as a practice, sometimes referred to as something that is performative.
In fact, the philosopher Simone de Beauvoir said: “One is not born a woman (or man), one becomes one.”
Yeah... these people OBVIOUSLY didn't have boys.
Our little Drew was born grunting. He's been alive for one year and already he is OBSESSED with puppies, rocks, dirt, tools, computers and the outdoors. Three days ago he picked his nose for the first time!
He's a wild little man, but we LOVE him! Here are some picts from this week:
Who wants to play in the dirt?
I guess he doesn't like the taste.
Yes, it's hard sometimes to raise a boy... but I can't imagine life any other way.
(P.S. Thanks to Wikipedia for the gender studies 411)
3 comments:
HE IS ALL BOY!! It is funny the ideas that people have about if they are taught to act like a boy or born like that. Katelin is really Girly even though all of her cousins her age are boys she still is the one carrying a baby around and I don't have baby so where is she getting this? Anyway Drew just keeps getting cuter!
Cameron is obsessed with leaves. Every time we see a tree he reaches out and tries to grab the leaves and eat them. I can't wait until he discovers dirt - bring on more baths!
What a cutie! I totally agree with the boy thing! So true . . .they are born that way. . .But girls seem to be born ready to play with dolls too. . .Hey Leah- I don't have your email, but I am trying to track down my book "Baby Wise". . .Laura said she lent it to you . . .Do you happen to have it? I want to refresh myself for baby #4. My email is borox23@yahoo.com. Hope you guys are good! Love, Jamie
Post a Comment