Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nothing to Blog About

I wish I could post pictures of my finished kitchen but the stomach flu and the rain/snow have put a damper on my progress.

So, instead, here are some pictures of nothing in particular.

Here's Drew eating dinner in his jammies, looking like the Fonz. Somebody Photoshop a gold chain around his neck and send it to me, okay?



It snowed several times last month. So we made snowmen... with playdough. (Like I'm going to go outside when it's freezing... PUH-LEASE.) This snowman is so cool he's wearing sunglasses.



I found a bug in my Mini Wheats last month... so I cleaned out and disinfected my ENTIRE pantry. I didn't find any other bugs (Hallelujah!) but just to be safe, I sealed everything up in plastic tubs...

(Don't you wish YOUR pantry looked this good???)



I also cleaned out my freezer.



And my closet. (Garrit laughs at me because I take pictures when things are clean and organized. But... who knows if my closet will ever look like this again?)



Drew loves to "help" me clean up. Here he is "helping" after church.



Oh yeah, and in case you haven't heard, I'm pregnant. Here's my first attempt at a DIY Bella Band. I just cut the top off an old T shirt and stitched it up a bit on either side to make it snug. (If you want to make one too, here's the tutorial.)



Here's Drew with a baby in his tummy.



TA-DAH!



(IF ONLY labor and delivery were that easy. Men don't understand these things.)

And, finally, here's Drew "hiding" in the hamper.



If someone will please order some sunshine for a few days, I'll get my kitchen finished and post some pictures. Okay?

(Also, as you may have noticed, we're still not private. I KNOW I don't have everyone's emails. If you haven't left me your email, leave it as a comment. I won't publish it but I'll add it to my list. Thanks.)

9 comments:

Kris said...

Ok, first of all, congratulations on the pregnancy! And I love the bell band. thanks for the idea.
and wow am I jealous of your pantry! The fact that you even have a pantry is great, let alone how organized it is! Nice work.

LauraBro said...

congrats on the baby--hooray! I'll have to make a belly band next time around.
I am SOO jelous of your pantry--it looks awesome. I used to want to take pictures on my house when it was organized but since child #2 I don't think it's been clean ;&
I also love the pic of drew with a baby!

Shana said...

Hey Leah, I thought the nesting instinct wasn't supposed to take over til your third trimester. lol :D
You've inspired me though. Tomorrow I'm cleaning out my pantry .:D

Kimmy said...

Congrats to you! How exciting!
And holy smokes girl- I am envious of how organized you are! Perhaps you should come visit your sweet grandparents and stop in to organize my house. ;)

Bingham fam said...

You have been BUSY!!! If you know what I mean! :) Hey congrats on the new little baby! What is it going to be a girl or a boy?! Any idea. I hope all is well! LOVE YA!

Misty said...

Leah, please come make my pantry, freezer and closet look like yours! And I'm not even pregnant - guess I have no excuse.

dwstick said...

Congrats on the new baby!! Looks like our family is really growing this year.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Congrats! When ya due!?!?!

carly said...

leah! your so cute. and pregnant! congrats. are you going to california this summer? because we'll be there this whole summer. and i know if we can't get together when we are living in the same state, we can totally get together while your on vacation in california!