I know I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll do that later.
First, I need to vent and tell you about a few things I've really been missing lately...
1. My body.
When I was pregnant with Drew I was so excited to watch my belly grow. This time around, looking down at my giant belly is just depressing.
My stomach wasn't perfect before I got pregnant this time... but it certainly looked a WHOLE LOT better than it does now. (I'll post some belly shots later so you can all see how huge I am.)
Remember this? Look at that flat tummy! Will I ever get that back??? Sigh.
2. My hair.
Stupid hormones. I let them get the better of me. I was sick of my long hair and I cut it. Now I want it back. It was actually kinda pretty. Here's the picture I took of it before the cut.
3. My skin.
My face is a total disaster. A war zone. It's worse than junior high. It looked okay before... see?
4. My brain.
Remember when I used to tutor advanced high school geometry? And blog about the legal ramifications of gay marriage? Now I can't remember how to speak English, or where I put my keys, or my purse, or the mail, or Drew's shoes, or how old I am, or what day it is, or what 6 times 4 equals. (Wait... it's 24... right?) Will I ever get my brain back?
5. Worrying about one.
I already miss life with just one. Drew and I have had so much fun together. He's my little buddy. What will happen when I have two???
I hope I can adjust, let go, and enjoy life with two. And I really hope this baby sleeps. Or I'm going to go totally nuts.
The End.
13 comments:
Dear Leah,
Yes, your tummy will get flat again...and your life with two children will be better than you could ever imagine.
Hugs! Been there. Not fun, huh? Don't worry. 2 is easier than they tell ya it will be. ;D
And as far as my opinion goes, you still look gorgeous, you're not looking fat, and I'm jealous as heck of how skinny you are....:D
I hear ya!! Being pregnant the second time is kind of a drag. I think I'm 10 times fatter with this one than with Cameron and it makes me nuts. Luckily, Cameron doesn't have a long enough attention span to realize that I'm a nut case!
When are you due?
Your flat tummy makes me sick. With envy. And I really want to see your haircut. Are you going to post some pictures, or should I randomly bump into you at JoAnn's tomorrow?
You are awesome. And two is exponentially better than one! Big IS beautiful, right?
Leah, snap out of it!
I don't care what you save--you're still BEAUTIFUL!!!! (Hey, maybe you need glasses?)
Love you LOTS,
FDAD
oh leah--I love reading your posts--and your personality. you'll look even better with two by your side!
Mom, I'm over it.
I just needed to vent.
Thanks for the condolences.
The good thing leah! Is that everything will go back to normal and I am sure you will be a wonderful mommy of two. also congrats!!
OH leah life sucks!!!! :) Not really you will enjoy baby number two. I thought that I couldn't love anyone as much as katelin and I was wrong. What I do without TY he is my angel! Well I think that you look great prego. And come on I know that you will have a flat stomach again. And HAIR CUT!? Lets see it!
I hear you...i have high hopes that my new one will be a sleeper too b/c Lindsey was not! being pregnant can be a mess sometimes...you'll make it!! and two so far (for the whole two weeks) has been pretty cool.
Just wait till your prego with #3!!! You really start losing it all!
For me the body is a mess, but I'm determined to actually exercise after this pregnancy, and maybe even eat heathy! WOW, what an idea huh?
I think it's amazing how much love you can have for your next babies. I got so sad thinking Sophia wouldn't be my baby anymore, and now I'm sad to think Nick wont be. But somehow your heart can just do things like love more than you every thought!
Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment