Today the kids said goodbye to their old Utah house.
At first I didn't love our old Utah house. At first it was just... well... OLD... with chipped white formica, stained linoleum, gold, dated EVERYTHING, and ugly, dog-urine-soaked blue carpet.
Actually, at first, I kinda hated that old Utah house.
But then we got to work. We tore down and re-built, we drywalled and sanded and primed and painted and cut and nailed and caulked and tore up and replaced and refinished and reworked and tiled and plumbed and weeded and planted...
And then, at the very end, I LOVED it! I loved that Utah house!
I mean, what's not to love? It's SO CUTE on the inside. And it's in a PERFECT location, with a GREAT backyard, and AWESOME neighbors.
Sigh.
So, it was hard to say goodbye today.
But we can't live in two states at once.
And we can't pay two mortgages any more.
So, we're renting it.
I'm glad we came to Utah to meet the new tenants. They're awesome.
I think they'll love our old Utah house.

No comments:
Post a Comment