Before we were born we lived with God and His son, Jesus Christ, in a premortal existence. We lived as spirits; the spirit children of God, our Eternal Father. Jesus Christ, our brother, created the earth as part of God's plan for us.
God wanted us to live on earth with a body to learn about happiness and sadness, to grow and to have families, and to experience joy. He wanted to test us, to see if we would follow the perfect example of Jesus Christ, our brother.
When this life is over, we will live again. Just as Jesus Christ was resurrected, we will all be resurrected. If we we follow the example of Jesus Christ in this life, we will live with our families and loved ones again in eternal paradise.
Does that sound crazy?
Maybe to some.
Do I really believe it?
Absolutely.
The knowledge of God's plan, called the Plan of Happiness or the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is the reason I am happy. It's how I find peace in this crazy, mixed up world. I believe I can live with my family again, even after death. I believe I can live with God, my loving father, and Jesus Christ, my perfect brother, again.
If you would like to learn more about the Plan of Happiness and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, please visit www.mormon.org.
2 comments:
LEAH-- I always love you gospel blogs! Thanks =)
very well said Leah, the more I learn about our Heavenly Fathers plan for us, the more I realize how perfect it it, and how our Heavenly Father must love us so much to give us all of the tools that we need to get through this crazy world just like you said, I think one of the biggest roadblocks people face is trying to live "in" the world and not "of" the world..I catch myself thinking ooh if I could go shopping and by a whole new wardrobe I would be soooo happy, but really...is that happiness? No, happiness is putting God first and foremost in our lives, utilizing every single tool he's given us i.e. prayer, scripture study, etc. etc.... and doing the best we can, that is when we will feel that pure joy and happiness and peace to our souls that the gospel brings. Now are we all perfect at this??? Heck no, that is why we are here, to learn and grow through our trials and mistakes, and our loving father in heaven knew we would make many, so he provided a way back through his son...I mean seriously, the plan is amazing...Thanks for reminding me, you are such a good example!! ...sorry for my ramblings:) ya get me going and it's hard to stop!!
Post a Comment