I can't make up my mind about this whole Kevin Garne thing.
I obviously don't condone behavior like his. He DEFINITELY should not have done what he did. But if she wanted to press charges against him, or get restitution, why didn't she do it 25 years ago, after the incident? Or even 5 or 10 years later?
Why now? And why again, after she's already received an apology and $150,000 from him?
The SL Trib said, "In 2008, she contacted Garn's eldest son in an e-mail and said that 'nothing will stop me from getting exactly what this matter needs, and that is justice and compensation.'"
So, it sounds like (for her) it's all about the money (oh yeah, and the slander.)
But what about him?
This is the only bad mark on his record, right?
Do you think a person who makes one really bad mistake when they are young should be haunted by it (publicly) 25 years later?
Doesn't an apology, $150,000, 25 years, and a seemingly repentant life count as "justice and compensation"?
I feel bad for the guy, and for his family.
What do you think?
4 comments:
They both sound trashy. And she sounds greedy. But what was that guy thinking going into politics knowing that could surface? Even if he's repentant, that doesn't mean stuff won't come back to haunt him, especially if he's a politician. Who knows though? It's really impossible for us to judge not knowing the whole story.
I think he should get a break too-honestly. but like Stacy said--if you did it--it WILL surface later if you are in politics.
Who is Kevin Garne and what is it that he did 25 years ago?
I think he is a pretty big perv!! HE was her sunday school teacher! I don't want to judge him, but My question is... Can he truely repent if he is paying people off to keep quiet. I think both acts are pretty bad and I think that is pretty crazy that anyone would stand and give him a round of applause. Good for him that he is trying to repent, but He made a BIG mistake yes 25 years ago, but it was only 8 years ago that he paid her off. I think that is pretty messed up!!! And plus she was only 15 and he was close to thirty who was in most wrong here? I think that the guy should be arrested and the girl should get some mental help with the 150grand that she already got!
Post a Comment