Monday, January 16, 2012

Something to Remember

The key to happiness in life is learning to look outward instead of inward; to wake up every morning and think, "How can I make someone's life easier today?" The happiest people I know are those who have learned to give with a happy heart, expecting nothing in return.

3 comments:

Shana said...

I was pondering this same thing this morning as I was feeling depressed and lonely. I felt like no one would even notice if I disappeared. Then I realized - it's because I've been too centered on myself. The only truly important things we can do in this life are those things we do for others - to make their lives better. I'm not saying a little R&R is a bad thing, but if we want to be truly happy, we'll spend our time helping others. Great post, Leah. I hope your birthday was fabulous. That cake Jacquelyn made was awesome. :)

The Fallon Schank's said...

I love it...'sounds like Gma Mathews~so true, so true!

Leah said...

I was thinking of my Grandmas when I wrote this. They're my idols.