Okay, just one more post today and I'll go to bed.
Friends, I need help.
My name is Leah,
and I am addicted to chocolate molten lava cake.
I think about it always,
except when I am asleep,
and then I dream about chocolate molten lava cake.
Seriously, Sarah made some last night and I really can't stop eating it!
If you think you can help me, please post your suggestions.
If you want the recipe for the cake, here it is:
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup granulated Sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup brown Sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups boiling water
PREPARATION:
Heat oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. With a fork, mix in milk, oil and vanilla.
Spread the batter evenly in a lightly buttered 9-inch square baking pan. Combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle over the batter. Slowly pour boiling hot water over the batter and brown sugar-cocoa mixture. Bake cake for 40 minutes. (We only had to bake ours for 30 minutes). Let cake stand for 5 minutes. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with ice cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!
P.S. I just googled chocoholics anonymous and found this awesome site. Check it out: http://www.chocoholicsanonymous.com.au/
4 comments:
Umm, Leah, I thought the lava cake we had at Sweet Tomatoes was better. (And it definitely couldn't top Sis. Vogel's Better Than Brad Pit Dessert.) Does anyone have a different recipe?
Hey Leah! I'm going to try this recipe, it sounds very chocolaty. Let me know if you do find a better one like sarah was saying :-) How's the new house? We miss you guys around here! What have you been up to lately (besides thinking about and eating chocolate)? I just set up our blog (finally): myparkerfamily.blogspot.com. Also could you send me that info on the art of couponing? Is that even a word? kristi.parker@gmail.com Thanks!
Leah...every time I check your blog I see this recipe and it's getting harder and harder to stay on my diet with this thing tempting me! Mmmm...it sounds so good! And that website is awesome...too bad we don't live in Australia...we could become Chocoholic Freaks. Anyway, hope all is well!
I suggest the molten chocolate cake from Chili's....you will be sleeping under the table for weeks at that place after just one bite. Nowwwww, excuse me while I google for shop~aholics anonymous classes.
Post a Comment