Most of you know Rylie, my sweet niece, who had a liver transplant last August. Her mom, Amie, posted this poem about the whole experience on Rylie's care page. I love it and because I don't have time to get it published, I'm posting it here! Please read it when you have a minute.
Six months ago today I recieved a call at midnight that would change our lives...
Six months ago today Randy was down on Boulder Mountain for a much needed weekend with his dad and brothers.
Six months ago today Lacey (a transplant coordinator; we love her) told me they might have a liver for Rylie.
Six months ago today Rylie and my boys were sound asleep in their beds, not knowing that life as we had known it was about to change.
Six months ago today thanks to a sattelite phone we rented, I was able to get in touch with Randy (after 2 tries).
Six months ago today Randy and his parents frantically left Boulder Mountain and made it home to Nephi in record time.
Six months ago today Randy and I tried to get a little sleep not knowing for sure if this was it.
Six months ago today (at about 8 a.m.) Lacey called back and said, "It's a go. Come on up".
Six months ago today we woke Rylie up and told her.
Six months ago today Rylie was amazingly strong.
Six months ago today family and a loving bishop came right over and gave Rylie and the rest of the family a priesthood blessing.
Six months ago today we were on our way up.
Six months ago today our family met us up at the hospital.
Six months ago today we waited in the waiting room where Rylie recieved a whole bunch of pokes and IVs.
Six months ago today Rylie had us laughing and smiling. It was amazing; we were all so scared and the person that had the most reason to be afraid, Rylie, kept the rest of us laughing.
Six months ago today family sat with Rylie while we went in a room with one of the surgeons and were told a list (that felt like a mile long) of complications and things that might go wrong and then they wanted us to sign our name consenting to the operation.
Six months ago today I wanted to say, "Nevermind. Not today." and take my little girl and run home.
Six months ago today was the hardest moment; saying goodbye to my sweet little girl; not knowing for sure what was in store for her.
Six months ago today she was wheeled away with a smile on her face and a tear running down her cheek.
Six months ago today she endured a 12 hour liver transplant surgery.
Six months ago today we felt peace like never before.
Six months ago today our Savior was right there with us.
Six months ago today there was a lot of prayers sent to heaven for my little girl.
Six months ago today we saw her at three a.m., not an image I like to remember, tubes everywhere.
Six months ago today we were exhausted physically, but more so emotionally.
Six months ago today someone died.
Six months ago today a family just like us had to say goodbye to a loved one.
Six months ago today my heart broke for that family.
Six months ago today because of there selfless act and most amazing gift anyone could give, my daughter was given a second chance at life.
We may never know who Rylie's donor was, but he was someone, and he had a family, and we will be forever and ever greatful to them and him.
Six months ago today we began the hardest six weeks of our lives, but we did it, and we did it because of our Savior Jesus Christ and His ability to help us get through anything we are dealt in life, and not only get through it, but get through it well.
Today... Rylie is doing amazing! She is down to hardly any medicine at all, three month check-ups, and monthly labs. She dances all over our house and I love every minute of it!
-Amie
Amie, Rylie, Randy and the boys are such an inspiration to me. They remind me that,
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
Thanks for your example. Thanks for your love, family. And thanks, Randon, for giving the gift of life to our sweet little Ry.
And, speaking of life, here's a video that Grandma Debbie probably doesn't want you to see of and her and Rylie playing Dance Dance Revolution! Rylie is such a good dancer! (And you are too, Debbie.)
Boy am I going to be in big trouble for posting that! (You're welcome, Amie, for not posting the video of you dancing; although you are an EXCELLENT dancer.)
3 comments:
Wow, so touching! Thanks for sharing.
O.K. Leah . . . .
You're not in trouble, the reason being . . . as bad as I was dancing, I didn't know I could dance THAT good. So that tells you how much I dance and HOW bad I actually dance. If you all want to chip in to pay for me to take dance lesson's, I'll take you up on it, that is if Rylie goes with me to hold my hand.
Take care and love you all,
Debbie
that poem was beautiful. i cried. and i enjoyed the video too
Post a Comment