Monday, September 8, 2008

Obama

I don't love McCain but thinking about Obama in the white house seriously scares me.



Who makes fun of the Sermon on the Mount? Seriously?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Obama makes a great point! He's definitely got my vote!!

April said...

Wow...I think that's called blasphemy, isn't it? I'm with you on the whole McCain thing. At least he isn't mocking God's words. Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

Good grief, Alex! So now you think the Sermon on the Mount has no place in politics? What about Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Don't you think governments should strive for peace with other nations?

I don't think Obama understands the Bible. And I don't think he understands God. I for one would like someone in the white house who respects God and looks to him for guidance as he (or she) leads our nation in these turbulent times.

Here's one more from the Sermon on the Mount. Matthew 5:13 "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the alight of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Jessica said...

Way to go Leah! I love the way you stand up for your beliefs. ALl I can say is go Palin.

Amanda said...

Thank you Leah, your blog is always so enlightening. I love reading it because you inspire me, and bring out really good points- both political and spiritual. I am with you on McCain because Obama is just way to scary!

Sarah said...

Wow. I didn't know that about Obama. But I bet grandma did!

Unknown said...

i just feel there is a reason for the separation of church and state. history shows what happens when things are done in the name of god. and i think that was what obama was saying, but how could either of us make an assumption either way being that you only posted five seconds of the speech? i think you'll agree, that's how scripture gets taken out of context. if you have a link to the whole speech i would love to see it. by the way i'm all about peace love and happiness!

Shana said...

I knew that guy scared me. Just one more reason to vote for McCain (even though it galls me to do so.)

The Mathews said...

I decided to do some research on that video, and it's interesting to read some of the articles that were published about Obama regarding this very speach he made. It got Ben and I talked about abortion and our CLEAR reasons why we are so very PRO LIFE!! Anyway- thanks for the post, they always seem to get me doing my own research.

carly said...

i need your address crazy girl!